Idle Stepper Motor adjust

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Duncs

Idle Stepper Motor adjust

Post by Duncs »

Cleaned up my idle stepper motor on my 306 1.8 8 valve (which was filthy), but made the mistake of pulling the plunger out which then came to bits. Put it back together but engine running rough. Does anyone know how to get the ecu to realign the stepper motor?
Thanks in advance
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sure it's not sticking? try a little silicone spray down the air feed first.
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Bought a new stepper motor and now ok.
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Since the stepper motor's been replaced the car runs fine, but the diagnostic K light comes on intermittently with no noticeable symptoms. It can happen at any time except when the engine's cold. It will clear itself within several minutes.
Any ideas?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You may need the codes re-setting.
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Thanks. Do I need to buy a fault code reader to do that (I've seen a Draper one on the internet)?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Naw, most garages can reset them for a few quid. Or you could try the battery disconect trick. Disconect for an hour then reconect and run the car for about 20 mins at between 2 and 4k on the revs so the ECU re-learns the driving pattern of the engine.
Duncs

Post by Duncs »

Thanks for that Stuart. Disconnected battery for one hour and then test drove car. Lamp only came on once after sharp deccelaration coming off motorway and cleared within 10 seconds. Previously it would come on during mway or dual carraigeway driving and take longer to clear. Still curious though as to why it happened and is it anything to worry about?