Impulse buying - I must be MAD!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alexp-j
My Cars:

Impulse buying - I must be MAD!!

Post by alexp-j »

Just made a completely MAD eBay purchase when I discovered that I could insure this 309 Gti for LESS!! than my Diesel.
Picking it up on Sat. Please don't be lemon!! Please!!
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Is that the rare 309 GTI Goodwood limited edition? It certainly looks like it.
That is a RARE beast! Look after it.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Is that the rare 309 GTI Goodwood limited edition? It certainly looks like it.
That is a RARE beast! Look after it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It sure is only 398 made. Looks Good from the pic. Just hope the engine is sound. Will report further on saturday.
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

Well, at least engines should be easy to come by. Just find a knackered BX. Loads of 'em about! Or have the first Goodwood diesel...
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Yes its a Goodwood, here is the RAC print:
Manufacturer Peugeot
Model 309 GTI GOODWOOD
Body type 5 door hatchback
Colour Green
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 30 December 1992
Number of previous owners 7
Last owner change 08 July 2004
Keep it well looked after its becoming a rare Pug.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bikeboyz</i>

Yes its a Goodwood, here is the RAC print:
Manufacturer Peugeot
Model 309 GTI GOODWOOD
Body type 5 door hatchback
Colour Green
Fuel type Petrol
Date manufactured 30 December 1992
Number of previous owners 7
Last owner change 08 July 2004
Keep it well looked after its becoming a rare Pug.
How accurate is that RAC print. Just that both the seller & the DVLA have the first Reg date as 26 08 1992? No of previous owners and last change of keeper tally though.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

Got the Goodwood home today.
Looks & runs good apart from a couple of minor small dents & scratches that I'll have to sort out.
Trim & leather is in good condition though 1 rear door card a bit loose and the usual culprit peice of plastic by the pass side mirror stalk is missing.
At least the glovebox lid is still intact. I'm contemplating sealing it shut to avoud the inevitable.
Post a link to some pics when I've uploaded them.
Now for what to do with the other car.....
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

The RAC database only gives accurate manufacture dates for recent cars, older cars have their date rounded up to the end of the year.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

I have some more photos up from Saturaday http://www.geocities.com/luceajamaica/
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Looks very nice, hope you enjoy driving it.
Paul.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by reblack68</i>

The RAC database only gives accurate manufacture dates for recent cars, older cars have their date rounded up to the end of the year.
I find that if you go to http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp and click on vehicle enquiry you can get more up to date information, for example last V5 issue was in November not July, and the tax is due at the end of July, although it doesn't give nuimber of previous owners (which in this case looks quite high!)
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
I find that if you go to http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp and click on vehicle enquiry you can get more up to date information, for example last V5 issue was in November not July, and the tax is due at the end of July, although it doesn't give nuimber of previous owners (which in this case looks quite high!)
That's the site I used. There are anomalies though.
The last owner has definitely owned it since July 2004.
Last V5 issue was Nov 2004. I put this down to the new style V5 being issued at that time. Issue of V5 does not automatically = change of keeper.
The no of former keepers at 7 in just under 13 years is quite high. However it came with loads of receipts back to about 1997, including sales receipt and looks to have been pretty well cared for.
It must have changed hands several times early on in life.
Anyway I managed to catch it before it got Chavitized. It's only got a magnex exhaust - stainless, so i'll keep that
and shiny rispeed pedal covers - probably change them soon
Keep it standard!!
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

insured for less than your grd? thats just stupid lol. Useless insurance companies! Theres tons of 8v 1.9 engines on ebay rebuilt etc if you ever get a problem or spend ~£350 and chuck in a 16v. Theres enough room in the 309 engine bay compared to the 205/visa that you dont need to move the radiator or buy different manifolds
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

insured for less than your grd? thats just stupid lol. Useless insurance companies! Theres tons of 8v 1.9 engines on ebay rebuilt etc if you ever get a problem or spend ~£350 and chuck in a 16v. Theres enough room in the 309 engine bay compared to the 205/visa that you dont need to move the radiator or buy different manifolds
It's obviously some clueless shiny arse in an insurance office somewhere who decides that GRDs are more expensive to repair or something. Makes no sense but I could not help but take advantage.
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Just noticed the DVLA search allows you to put in scrapped cars as well, just tried my first car in it!