306 TD heater controls/AC

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

grattsim

306 TD heater controls/AC

Post by grattsim »

When I try to switch the AC on or the internal circulation nothing happens, I have no fans and am unable to change the temperature setting.
I've checked all the fuses in the passenger conpartment and all seem ok. i've also checked to see if any connectors are lose and couldn't see anything.
It was imtermittant for a few hours before it stopped.
I have a 99 (T) Dturbo 306.
Anyone know of possible reasons why these are not working? Power is being sent to the rear heater, hazards and stereo fine.
Any help would gratefully be received. Thanks[:)]
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I've let a peugeot mecahnic look and he couldn't find the problem in the hour I allowed. He expects it could be a connector as the unit doesn't seem to be getting any power.
Does anyone know the locations of the connectors/wiring leading to the temperature and blower control dash?
Would mine be linked to the ignition switch as well?
Any known problems with these?
I've been lucky so far that I haven't been misted up, but this something I really need to sort. I don't really want to let it lose on the interesting people at the local Peug dealer.
Thanks
Linchpin

Post by Linchpin »

My XSI does something simular, the "blowers" work fine, but the AC button and the Recirc option do nothing except make the light come on. I dont get the pump starting or the fans dont come on. My Climate control works fine tho.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Hi, thanks for reading, I think the answer to you problem lies in the forum here already as it doesn't seem to be a problem with the switches or power supply but more the fan relay or even the gas.
My green light or fans don't even come on.
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Does anyone know of a connector in the passenger well? Would this be the power supply for the internal heater controls?
The problem is driving me mad. I'm going to have another look tonight and would appriciate any information anyone has.
thanks
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Has anyone had their switches fail?
Everything else seems to be fine. Theres no power going through the fuse, but I have found power in the connector in the passenger foot well. Therefore I am assuming that the switches have failed and therefore no power would be through the fuses.
I'm sure someone out there most know the answer.
Thanks Simon
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I thinking from looking around that this is a common problem, but no one seems to have the answers. There must be a bright person in the know.
I would like to know any ideas out there along with the other people still trying to solve the problem.
So far, its not the relay, connections, resisters.
Is there a problem with the wiring loom? Circuit board?
HELP!
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

The problem has now been resolved, A connector deep inside the dash board was boken, causing is to short and thats what caused the relay to die off.
The connect was near the blower motor.
I hope this helps anyone else with a simular problem. There seem to be plenty of you out there.
Thanks