Flexi brake hoses for 405?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dvhttn

Flexi brake hoses for 405?

Post by dvhttn »

Hi,
Had the wheels off today to check the ABS sensors - one is knacked so off to Pug tomorrow...
But whilst looking the brakes over the rear flexi hoses are starting to crack. At least the rear top one is - furthest from the caliper (got rear disks BTW). On both sides. Now I know I can get new ones from GSF or somewhere fairly cheap but as I will probably keep the car for a while I'd thought I'd look at getting stainless steel ones. Anyone know a supplier and cost? I found the BlackD iamond site and that lists a kit for the 405 Mi16 with 6 hoses (which is how many I need ). No price but does anyone know if they would fit?
Any advice appreciated
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
You might find it a lot cheaper to go to your local Bosch Automotive dealer for a new ABS sensor then a Peugeot dealer.
Also when you get the new sensor, DONT peel the white paper off the end of it, Thats there to set the correct airgap.
Fit the sensor so the paper is touching the toothed rotor, Now spin the wheel, The paper gets removed by the rotation & the gap is correctly set.