rear Sag 2

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross
My Cars:

rear Sag 2

Post by Ross »

Morning all - Thanks for previous responses (rear sag) - the advice is good and I am now looking at replacing the complete suspenson (without the disc brakes) - most of the second hand units available are off the car - is there any way of making sure I choose a good unit - are there any measurements I can take ? anything in particular to look for ? or is it best too find one still on the car so I can measure ride height ?
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

I await responses to this with interest too - I need a complete rear end for my 205 after it failed its MoT.
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Ross I have a rear beam minus the mounts, has new drums, bearings, shoes and handbrake cables. I done a rear disc conversion with a gti6 beam. I was gonna strip, the drums and shoes off as they have done less than 300 miles then scrap the beam, if you want it you can have it but you would have to collect from north east, just near middlesbrough. Oh and its been lowered so you might need to adjust back to the height required.
Ross
My Cars:

Post by Ross »

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately its about 450 miles from where I live (each way)- I will try ebay and the breakers - I might find one on a car so I can measure the ride height - once again thnks for the offer - it goes to show the quality of the site when people offer to help - this is probably the best forum I have found to date
Ross
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

no probs, there is a zx being broke in gen chat area. Fairly certain the beam is the same , might be closer to you and free.
Jambo
My Cars:

Post by Jambo »

Hi there. I replaced the rear beam on both my 309 and 205, costs £340+VAT (fitted) through Matthew at SSP Engineering in East Devon (sspengineering.co.uk) last November. They have a machine shop (hidden next to the owner's bungalow in the middle of nowhere!) and they put in new bearing surfaces/seals etc. Great service and they did me a deal for bulk.
Shame I rolled the 205 after only 800 miles! If anyone sees a light metallic blue 205 GTI G562 WDV in a breakers yard near Bolton then get hold of the rear beam. It survived unscathed.