406 exhaust clamp..... HELP!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gotta New Pug

406 exhaust clamp..... HELP!

Post by Gotta New Pug »

My 406 2L 16v saloon has been 'blowing' for a few weeks now, so today I finally jacked it up and had a butchers underneath. Found the clamp shaped like a ring was loose, so tightened it....... and it snapped due to corrosion [:(!]. Went to Halfords but couldn't see this type of clamp there, only some kind of thick half moon with a bent bit of bold in shape of a 'u'. Cant see how this would tighten up my exhaust as the ring shaped one that came off mine was like a horse shoe shape and con-caved like a ring with a single bolt to tighten.
Would the Halfords on crush my exhaust together to seal them both up, or do I need to find one like what came off as I cant find one anywhere.
Hope all this makes sense and someone can help me as my exhaust is un-connected at the mo!
Thanks in adfvance
John
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

your local HALFORDS should have a parts desk that should be able to sort the correct part for you, if not,look in your YELLOW PAGES for KWIK FIT or similar they should sell you a clamp over the counter, shouldnt cost you more than £6.00
Gotta New Pug

Post by Gotta New Pug »

Got is sorted - thanks for the help tonespeed1999 - I went to local scrappy and got a brand new looking one from a 306 made from stainless steel, exhaust is silent as a whisper again!
Cheers