306 Dturbo Front Passenger Side Knocking

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

thedadio
My Cars:

306 Dturbo Front Passenger Side Knocking

Post by thedadio »

Hi i have the above car... Replaced Arm bushes, ball joints, wheel bearings, since replacing all ive had wheel wobble when steering and ****e handling, ie car wandering, having to constantly correct steering. Also there is a kind of knocking coming from the front passenger suspension area, louder, quieter with different speeds, only happens after about 15 mins of driving...
Now when i put the lot back together, the drivers side ball joint needed a mallet to knock the dam thing in.... the passengers side kinda dropped into place. i knocked a screwdriver in the slot to open it up and drop the old ball joint out.... and then just tightened to the specified torque... would this torque not be enough to bend the metal back into place?.... am i looking to do the thing up as tight as possible? or have i got a worn shank? i hope not :-(
could this be the cause of wheel wobble/bad handling?
there was no wobble/ bad handling b4 i started this lot!
Cheers
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Are you sure the lower suspension arm balljoint is secured properly in the hub carrier?
The ball joint has a groove so the securing bolt can be fitted and hold the suspension arm in place.
I don't know what you mean by bending metal back into place, but Haynes should give torque settings for all suspension bolts.
I'd check the fitting of the suspension arms.
Also might be possible that an anti-roll bar has been knocked out of alignment.
Are your tyres showing signs of misalignment?
solara

Post by solara »

Did you put the wheels back on the original hubs. nsf/osf tyre swaps can sometimes cause these symptoms.