206 Oil filter Changing

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnWB

206 Oil filter Changing

Post by JohnWB »

I have a 2001 206 1.4 which seems to have a strange sort of oil filter. It is not the usual metal screw on sort, but it seems to be a paper cartridge type which hides under a large black plastic cover. Has anyone changed this type of filter and if so could you let me how to do it as I don't want to get oil every where & not fit the new one correctly
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

very easy to change,find a socket that will fit the top,undo filter,pull off old filter,fit new one and the new seals.screw filter assembly back into housing, tighten to 20nm,wipe off excess dripped oil,start engine,let it tickover until oil light goes out,recheck oil level.
job done!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

its a 27mm socket you need to remove the filter,there is also a small drain plug on the front of the filter housing itself (4mm allen bolt i think) that alows you to drain the filter housing first if you wish,it means less oil spillage when you remove the filter.
JohnWB

Post by JohnWB »

Thanks for the answers, the local Peugeot garage had said that there was a special technique to doing this but i guess they were making it sound worse than it realy is
fastandfurryous
My Cars:

Post by fastandfurryous »

.. a local peugeot garage would tell you that black is white if it meant that they made some money out of you by charging you through the nose for routine maintainence. My local pug dealer gets incredibly snotty when I tell him that I can fit things myself, and that I do actually know how to use a multi-meter thankyouverymuch! Mind you, I don't think it helped when after asking for a wiring diagram for the bitron sensor/system for the air con on my 405, he said "No, you can't have that, it's very complicated". To which my reply was "To you, maybe"