309 Rear Engine Mount

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

burns

309 Rear Engine Mount

Post by burns »

Right I'm thinking mine needs replacing, it's migrating out the side of its alloy mount and looking in a pretty sorry state. If I get one from GSF, is it going to be easy to fit? Some people seem to say it should just push in, others say it needs a press/vice. It seems you can't take the whole alloy block off without taking the driveshaft off so I'd rather not do this. So, if I order one from GSF am I going to find that I can't actually get it in and need to take it to a garage?
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Sometimes they drop in easy, Other times the mount has to come off & the rubber pressed it.
If you do end up taking the mount off, The driveshaft has to be remove FIRST before undoing any of the mounts bolts.
They can be a right pain to do if its your first attempt at one.
burns

Post by burns »

I'm struggling to hunt this part down, the dealers say it's only available with the whole bracket which the intermediate driveshaft goes through. The local GSF said they only had them listed for the 1.6 and 1.9 engines. Does anyone know if this is the right part? To clarify its the bit that goes in the alu section that bolts to the engine, not the mount at the subframe end. A GSF part number would be great, I'm not sure which one it is.