Cut out / judder

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan8181

Cut out / judder

Post by alan8181 »

Hi,
I have a 205 K reg 1.1l petrol.
About a month ago, I had the car serviced. This consisted of having the spark plugs changed/ oil change / oil filter / carb cleaner.
When I got the car back it had developed an intermittent cutout/judder problem which shows itself mostly when the revs drop and when slowing to a junction. The car starts fine and the problem only comes once the choke is pushed in.
I told the mechanic and he took it out but did not see the problem. Now he thinks it might be a fuel problem.
Given this only happened after he serviced it, do you have any ideas if the work that he did could of caused the problem? I did suggest to him that the spark plug(s) he put in might have been defective.
Thanks,
Alan
yangreen

Post by yangreen »

If it does it regularly enough, I'd take him out again as a passenger so you can demonstrate. Either that or get a second opinion and see how he reacts to it. Wouldn't expect spark plugs to cause those symptoms.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Check the spark plug that have been fitted.
Are they a decent brand? NGK, Bosch or even the Peugeot ones.
If they have Champion ( I hope not! ) on the side remove them & fit one of the above brands.
alan8181

Post by alan8181 »

The bad thing is there are day when it doesn't do the problem.
I use it Mon Fri 9am and then at 6 pm for my 4 mile journey to and from work. These are the days when I sometimes have the problem.
Wknds I don't use it till after midday and I've never had the problem then.
It is a pain because it's almost like I don't have a problem but I do!