406 High Level Brake Light

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatbugger
My Cars:

406 High Level Brake Light

Post by fatbugger »

Hi all
I am trying to replace bulbs in high level rear brake light on a 1996 406 saloon. Have followed directions in hand book to remove cover ie pull down metal clips and slide backwards. When doing this mine moves about 1/4 of an inch and is then solid. No amount of gentle persuasion with my fist or any other part of my anatomy will shift it.
Anyone else done this job? Should cover slide off or do you just have to continue with the brute force method? I don't want to break cover but need to change bulbs.
Gotta New Pug

Post by Gotta New Pug »

Mine just unclipped and slid off, it could be caught on something?
Unclip it, and have a peer in through your rear window from outside and see if you can see anything!
jjandrj6679
My Cars:

Post by jjandrj6679 »

Hi there Ive just done mine, it was a bit of a pig to get off. I use a flat blade screw driver on the top of the clip pushing in and down whilst sliding the whole unit towards the rear of the car, With a lot of wiggling it freed off.... I hoe that helps.
JJ
fatbugger
My Cars:

Post by fatbugger »

Hi There
Am I correct in thinking the hi level light pushes toward the rear screen when the clips are released? The hand book says to slide bacwards. Is this backwards as you are facing it or backwards towards rear screen? Mine does not seem to want to go either way. Also how many bulbs are in the unit?
jjandrj6679
My Cars:

Post by jjandrj6679 »

You push it towards the Rear screen (More like wiggle) whilst depressing the clips.
Mine was a bit of a pig but I susse it in the end.
Hope that helps.
JJ