I NJECTORS LEAKING DIESEL

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Haji

I NJECTORS LEAKING DIESEL

Post by Haji »

Hi guys
got a 95 306 DTurbo, got the head gasket, water pump and timing with tensioners done last week. got the car back a few days ago and noticed diesel leaking from the injectors and also car does not start until kranking for about 15 secs or only starts when jummep started.
any ideas on how to get it sorted? what the causes are. going to take the car back to the garage tomorow but want to prepared before hand.
any help would be very much appreciated.
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

Almost certainly, the rubber injector leak off pipes have been damaged during the repair. They harden with age, and end up so brittle that damage is inevitable. This also causes poor starting because the primary fuel system drains back to the tank when the engine stops, vented by the leak.
Get the correct pipe from GSF.
rotodiesel.
Haji

Post by Haji »

thanks for the reply but the diesel is leaking from the bottom of the injectors ie where the injector joins the head
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

The pressure in the leak off lines is very low; any fuel here would find its way down to the bottom of the injector, where it screws into the cylinder head.
rotodiesel.
Haji

Post by Haji »

Please could you tell me which part i need from GSF, i have found this one of GSF but not sure if its the right 1. and how many would i need.
T18600 DIES LEAK OFF PIPE 306 D/TD 3.50 Add
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

You might just have to tighten the injector itself, or the union from the supply pipe.