Radio code

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

samcro

Radio code

Post by samcro »

Car=106 1.5d with bog standard radio.
Did some electrical work on it the other day so had the battery disconnected. Now the radio needs an unlock code to work again, only I don't know what it is.
Does anyone know who in the Aberdeen (Scotland) area can provide me with an unlock code and for roughly how much? I can provide VIN radio serial code? etc if that's needed.
Cheers,
Sam
Gotta New Pug

Post by Gotta New Pug »

Take your radio out, and write down the long code thats etched into the side of your radio, call peugeot where the car was bought from, and if the car is less than 5 years old, they will have code on their system and supply it to you for free, if its over 5 years old, they charge £25 to search their database but will find it for you within a day. This is all subject to that radio being fitted to that car in production - if its a radio from a different car, you'll have to go in person and prove that the radio isn't stolen!
Hope this helps?
samcro

Post by samcro »

Cheers. Looks like £25 then as the car is 6.5 yrs old.
The radio is original, to the best of my knowledge.
Gotta New Pug

Post by Gotta New Pug »

Let us know how you get on! Failing the stealers giving you a code, on eBay, sometimes sellers offer radio code CD's, that are supposed to calculate your radio code from its serial number - not sure if these are any good, and at around a tenner, you could lose out!
Brilec
My Cars:

Post by Brilec »

You can get the code by looking inside the radio at some links which are soldered. I think there are 10, and the combination of which are linked will give the code with the right software prog.
Also check http://radiocode.proboards6.com/index.cgi Where you will find a host of information.
The links are difficult to spot, but if you take the top off the radio so that you can see the circuit board, towards the front is a largish chip. To the left of that are these links. Up in the corner. They are not actually in a straight line to make it more confusing.
If you can tell me the links, I can give you the code as I have the software on a CD (bought off Ebay - and it works). Had to do this a month ago when I had to replace the radio in my 106 with one from a scrappy.
Brian.