106 Fuel Problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dantimp

106 Fuel Problem

Post by dantimp »

I have a Pug 106 1.1 (1994), and for whatever reason it is not pumping fuel from the pump. 12Volts is getting to the fuel pump plug but the motor in the pump will not go. I have changed the Pump, relay, fuse and even the ECU and its still not working. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know if there can be anything in the system to tell it not to pump fuel? I did supply the pump a direct power feed from the battery and it worked and the car started, however when i plug it into the car socket (which shows 12Volts on the multimeter for 2 seconds when you turn the ignition on which is to pressurise the system) it will not work. I have spent 4 days racking my brains but am now really stumpped....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Dan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

well i'd say you've ruled out everything except the wiring,are you checking the feed at the pump with a multimeter ? even though its showing you have 12v at the plug there may not be enough current (ie possible corrosion in a connector or the wiring),check the feed at the pump again this time using a test lamp with a proper bulb in it,not the LED type.this will show if there is enough current getting to the connector.
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

You have obviuosly realised about the 2 seconds power up which is controlled my the ECU but when you measure the voltage are you using the earth as the pump would see, I assume so and in which case use at least a 21w bulb ( Stop or indicator bulb ) as a load across the two same pins I suspect it is the earth that is corroded. COme back with the results. Regards Peter
dantimp

Post by dantimp »

Thanks for that info, you were both right i made a test light up and there was no current running through. However I could also not find any problems in the wiring so resorted into taking it into the garage. The problem was found by then within about half an hour!! Unbeknown to me the car has got an imobiliser which I never knew about (I have only had the car 2 years) which had decided to cut me off, So the garage are going to take it out for me tomorrow.
So thanks again for you help and info.
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

If your 94 car had a factory immobilser it would have been the keypad type on the dash I think unless it was an after market. If you had twelve volts at the pump OK was the earth connected or is that the line that is being isolated by the Immobiliser. If this was a factory immobiliser and you have it removed you will have to tell the insurance company, If it was an aftermarket and you had not declared it then no problem. Regards Peter
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the factory imobiliser does not stop the fuel pump operating or priming,it just stops the injectors operating.if you dont enter the code in the keypad (or sheild a transponder key) & switch the ignition on the fuel pump still primes up,
dantimp

Post by dantimp »

Think it must have been a aftermarket one there was no keypad, just a rectangle with some contacts for a fob, which i thought must have been disconnected as i had never had a fob for it, apparently some of it had been taken out but some of the wires were still connected apparently. Think the garage just took the lot out!! As i never knew about it i had told the insurance company that nothin was fitted anyway. Oh well just glad ive got my car back, i have been lost without it. Thanks again to you both for your help.