306 auto wipers timer relay

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vinny180
My Cars:

306 auto wipers timer relay

Post by vinny180 »

Does anyone know where it is . I am having intermitent problems with auto wipers and changing this relay has been recommended in an earlier topic
beezer

Post by beezer »

There does not appear to be one. Some wiper motors have integral electronics.
r_306_XSi
My Cars:

Post by r_306_XSi »

I have been tearing my hair out trying to find this relay!!
If it does exist, it is said to live behind the main fuse box - take off the access panel under the steering wheel and have a peer there!
I have been unable to find the relay there, although I'm convinced my wiper motor does not have integral electronics, mainly because the wiper has five terminals (Ground, Wiper Normal Speed, Wiper Fast Speed, & two travel switch connections (one pulled to 12V)). I feel if the wiper had internal logic, the travel switch connections would only be needed internal to the wiper and there would need to be some way to tell it the difference between normal & intermittent speed! If anyone knows different please please put me right!!
My vehicle is a R plate 306 XSi (16 Valve Mk II model).
beezer

Post by beezer »

My computer data doesn't mention a relay for the wipers but this thread seems to cover the same subject: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=4810
vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Seems there is mixed opinion between the wiring being in the motor itself or a seperate blue relay by steering column.Could it be Peugeot used 2 types[?]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by beezer</i>

My computer data doesn't mention a relay for the wipers but this thread seems to cover the same subject: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=4810
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Have a look right in the corner under the bonnet near the bulkhead, The one on my 405 is behind the washer bottle, You can just get to it.
Its very well hidden if you didnt know it was there.
vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Thaks Lee . Its for a mate so we have a few things to try now we will give it a go. If we get a result i shall post it<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PowerLee</i>

Have a look right in the corner under the bonnet near the bulkhead, The one on my 405 is behind the washer bottle, You can just get to it.
Its very well hidden if you didnt know it was there.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
r_306_XSi
My Cars:

Post by r_306_XSi »

I must admit I thought there were two basic Peugeot wiring designs, but have now asked two Peugeot dealerships & checked here on GSF, and found there is nly one style of wiper, with 5 terminals & no internal intelligence so it would seem that all 306's should have a blue timer relay??
I have also discovered I have two purple relays on the easily accessible relay bar that control wiper speed. The first energises on "normal" wiper speed (two clicks up on the stalk). This then feeds 12V onto the common switched terminal of the second relay. This relay is energised by an undiscovered source (not the fast wiper speed live feed as I suspected at first?!?). This relay switches between the normal and fast wiper motor terminals, and is some sort of fail safe way of ensuring there is no possiblity of having both these motor feeds live at the same time I suspect!
The above appears in no technical diagram that I have come across, and certainly not the haynes manual!!
Anyone shed any light on this?