306 heater ptoblem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kevin
My Cars:

306 heater ptoblem

Post by kevin »

Here’s an interesting one for the forum; my 306dt has now lost all warm air heating. The controls are working as they should, you can hear the air vent flap, opening and closing. The airflow being directed, as it should and the blower pushing the air out on all four settings. However, the problem is there is no warm air. It is blowing freezing cold air through the heater. Having spent 5 hours on Sunday driving from Lincolnshire to the Scottish borders, it was rather cold!
I have bled the system when it is cold and hot. Everything was fine before the radiator was changed since then it seems to be overcooling a little.
Could the heater matrix be blocked? I am assuming the thermostat is ok, or still fitted
beezer

Post by beezer »

I would say that the matrix is the most likely culprit. Either blocked or needs a good purge.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

Have you properly bled the system using all the bleed points and a header tank? The matrix is one of the last points in the system to fill up, and won't get properly warm unless the system is correctly filled and bled.
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

The system was beld with a header tank, out of daftness, i have restricted the air flow into the heater and there now is some heat, not a lot, but some heat
I will try to purge the matrix by reversing the flow
Cheers
Kevin