205 cuts out

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan81

205 cuts out

Post by alan81 »

Hi,
I had my starter motor (205 1.1 petrol) replaced and an engine service last week.
Now I'm using it again i find some mornings it judders and cuts out after I have put the choke in (however, it should be warmed up at this point about 1 mile).
It happens when the revs drop - say if I'm slowing coming to a junction, it also happened on a hill and on the open road when slowing. It seems to be fine once i've driven about 3 miles. Also, the fault doesn't happen everyday.
I contacted the mechanic and he said it might be some grit caught in the fuel pump or an electrical problem (he changed the sparkplugs and put a new distributor cap on during the service).
He said he'd come and look at it next week.
Has anyone experienced this? I never had it cut out on me like this before the service. If the choke hadn't been out long enough it may go at a junction but never thru lowering revs slightly and juddering on the open road.
Thanks,
Al
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Had the same problem with a Ford Orion (carb model) after a small service inc dizzy cap it would just not run properly. Truned out that it was the dizzy cap. The new one was after market fit and was just the wrong side of a bad fit. Cleaned up the old one and it ran fine. Eventualy bought a genuine Ford patr and that worked first time.