Radio/cd player

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Radio/cd player

Post by demag »

I am going to fit a new radio/ cd player into my 405 TD GLX estate.
I have the column stalk fitted for volume control etc.
Is it possible to control the new unit with this or does it only work with Peugeot radios?
I can't see any reference to it in the Haynes manual.
Cheers.
beezer

Post by beezer »

You need to get an adaptor. Depends on make of radio you want to fit and whether it has remote facility. www.autoleads.co.uk
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Most Sony units work with an 'adaptor' some JVC along with Kenwood units also work. But you'll definatley need a lead if you head unit can be controled from the stalk. They ain't cheap but try E-bay. £38 from auto leads but I paid only £24 off E-bay, brand new.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what the make is yet. I ordered it from Maplins, it's a radio/cd/mp3 player special offer finishes Christmas Eve. £59.99, yes that is the right price!
When I saw it was mp3 as well I thought it was too good to miss. Only problem they were out of stock at the store. Paid cash and free delivery within 5 working days. If I get it in time for Christmas I'll probably be lucky, but I don't mind waiting.
The old one was a JVC radio/cd but had a fault. Can these be repaired? Or if anyone wants it for spares they can have it for the price of the postage.
beezer

Post by beezer »