405 heater matrix

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vinny180
My Cars:

405 heater matrix

Post by vinny180 »

Ay advice on changing a 405 heater matrix?
intruder

Post by intruder »

It isn't too bad, If you look in the haynes manual it says "first remove the facia" which sounds a bit daunting but I found that by cutting about 2 inches from the part of the trim that is near the bulkhead on the passenger side then the radiator would slide out. I think the inlet and outlet pipes are clamped to the rad.on a plate with a couple of "O" rings on it, this is removed with a couple of no.2 posidrive screws from inside the car
vinny180
My Cars:

Post by vinny180 »

Thanks very much i wil give it a go[:)]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by intruder</i>

It isn't too bad, If you look in the haynes manual it says "first remove the facia" which sounds a bit daunting but I found that by cutting about 2 inches from the part of the trim that is near the bulkhead on the passenger side then the radiator would slide out. I think the inlet and outlet pipes are clamped to the rad.on a plate with a couple of "O" rings on it, this is removed with a couple of no.2 posidrive screws from inside the car
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Chris3005

Post by Chris3005 »

Vinny, I've just replied to your post on the brake valve. Your 405 is the same age as mine and obviously has the same problems!
My heater matrix failed shortly after a pinhole leak in the head gasket which over-pressurised the system. I went the whole hog and removed the facia - one day to remove it, 10 minutes to replace the heater, one day to put the fascia back.
If you can get Intruder's suggestion to work it would be worth it.
Chris