Car feels like it’s holding back and hesitation at 2k revs and when I put my foot down

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James_1987
My Cars: 2.0 hdi 308 136bhp
1.6hdi 110bhp 308
Civic type r fk2 340bhp

Car feels like it’s holding back and hesitation at 2k revs and when I put my foot down

Post by James_1987 »

Hi everyone I new so please bear with me.
I’ve got a 308 hdi 135bhp, 121k miles and I’ve only just got it but since I serviced it I get hesitation around 2k revs and it feels like it’s holding back under these revs but soon as I go over and cruise at say 2200 revs the car feels ok. It’s very noticeable at 68mph on the motorway on cruise as u can definitely feel the car holding back.
Also when I pull off, it feels laggy-Ish but soon as I get to 2k revs it surges up the revs and the engine noise changes from the normal hdi quiet noise to a lot louder until I change gear then that noise goes.
I’ve changed fuel,air and oil filter and it’s really bugging me as I know the issue is there and constantly checking to see if it does the hesitation when cruising by putting my foot down and it does hesitate then goes.

Any info/advice would be great,

Thank you.

James
Carlcan
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso 2002 2.0hdi

Re: Car feels like it’s holding back and hesitation at 2k revs and when I put my foot down

Post by Carlcan »

Hi James, my Picasso did something similar and it turned out to be the turbo not spinning up. I took the intake pipe off and turned it by hand and it was very tight so I had to replace the turbo.
chasqui
(Donor 2020)

Re: Car feels like it’s holding back and hesitation at 2k revs and when I put my foot down

Post by chasqui »

Could be a vacuum hose that operates the turbo not fitted properly