Checking for correct spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ripsaw82
My Cars:

Checking for correct spheres

Post by ripsaw82 »

Is there anyway to check the correct spheres are fitted?
Its a 2.0 8v 94 SX, and spring suspentions feel better and smoother then on this car. It was hydraflushed, new LHM, new spheres, and it still does not have this floaty feel i here people speak of.
I have to the pushing down on each corner and the suspention pumps me back up after a few seconds, so as far as i know they are not flat (we changed a few months ago). I bought them of GSF so they should be correct is there anyway i can double check it has the correct ones on?
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Use the online catalogue to find the correct stock number. If the paint is still in good condition, you should find the same 'N' number on each sphere together with the manufacture date.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have you looked at the downloads section of the main site? You will find thet jon has posted a sphere application table there with serial nos etc.
having had similar experiences with my BS I suggest you look for other causes. Stiff front struts are the obvious cause - new ones made a world of difference to mine. The other thing that can cause rough riding is a sticky height corrector which doesn't allow the car to rise to its correct height. You can try raising the car and dropping it and se if the ride improves for a while and if it does try greasing the linkage, particularily where it goes into the corrector.
There are a number of discussions on lubricating struts - try a search.
Jeremy