leaky sunroof in saxo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

speedy
My Cars:

leaky sunroof in saxo

Post by speedy »

anyone got a cure for a leaking sunroof in a saxo?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Have you made sure the drain holes are clear ( a thin piece of flexible wire is quite useful in these situations) also have a look at the ruber sealing strip and se if there are any obvious signs of perishing or cracks. I use some stuff called creeping crack sealer on my caravan and have used it on the windsceen of a Marina before now with good effect.
speedy
My Cars:

Post by speedy »

looked before for drain holes but couldn't see any, replaced seal with new one,sealed it well with bostic underneath also used creeping sealant without any success.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

there definitely are drain holes but they are only at the front on a saxo,they are attatched to the metal part of sunroof frame
carl
My Cars:

Post by carl »

Had the same problem. Took out head lining. Replaced seal and fixed it in place with silicon. Checked the drain holes etc no difference. Then I found out it is very common for the roof aerial to leak so I popped a blob of silicon sealer under the bolt and it has never leaked since (2 years).
speedy
My Cars:

Post by speedy »

Thanks to everyone who replied.I have sealed up the aerial with silicon and the sunroof with duct tape but there was still some water getting in,i have now taped up the top of the windscreen to see if that helps.I'll wait now until it rains ( shouldn't be too long here in N.I.)cos i don't want to start digging the hose pipe out.I will also double check for drains in the sunroof.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Speedy, are you sure its the sun roof? I spent about 6 weeks P*****ng about with the sun roof on my CX only to find it was a leak from the weld between the scuttle and the windscreen frame [:D]
Pete
________
Iphone Games
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.
speedy
My Cars:

Post by speedy »

Thanks Pete,i think some of it is coming from the windscreen top cos it pelted down last night and there was no leak this morning because i have the top of the windscreen duct taped.i will leave it for now until i get more time and seehow it goes.