Xantia Height not locking up any more

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Xantia Height not locking up any more

Post by martyhopkirk »

Hello, me again folks.
Recently had all 6 spheres replaced on my 2000 HDi Xantia. All was well till this week when it has stopped "locking up".
Usually switch engine off, car drops about an inch and no more, ever even if left all week.
Now car is drooping after several minutes and is on the deck in the morning (only rear end - not front) Also drops alarmingly when you load the boot with anything if the engine is off and never used to do that.
Done the Citaerobics and quite a lot of bubbles in my LHM... do you think one of my new sphers has failed? Answers on a postcode pleaase!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

When I've replaced all the spheres on my Xantia its always had completely the opposite effect, the car always stays up for longer.
I wonder if you've been sold a dodgy sphere?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

It would appear my Xant is now developing some annoying - but not critical - faults.
Not only is the anti sink, not (emailed westroen to ask their opinion as it was them who replaced the spheres) the air con has gone for a burton. Not sure if it needs regassing (again) or whether its fatal this time as the fans are not cutting in (could be lack of gas or could be (-expletive removed-)). Mind you seems to be dry so far! (touchwood).
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I've had a replacement sphere in the past which was faulty, and constantly leaked gas into the system. Couldn't understand why bleeding didn't solve the problems until I decided to 'crack' the sphere joint under pressure, and a constant stream of foam emerged. A replacement sphere solved everything.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Had the air con regassed again this morning - woo hoo! Another £65 poorer, but at least its working again. Only lost 120gm of gas, but enough to stop the clutch from kicking in and opperating the fans.
Had a dye added now, so may be able to source any leaks!
Just got to fettle why teh car sinks so dramatically under load when switched off now....