Veggie oil pre-heaters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rpaco
My Cars:

Veggie oil pre-heaters

Post by rpaco »

Has anyone made an electric (or other) pre-heater for veggie fuel?
If so, how?
I know about the water based ones using the radiator/heating circuit but these are no good until the engine is warm.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Older model 405s had an electric in line fuel heater which might do the job, however you would still need to start on Diesel but it might speed up the process, have you thought about reducing viscosity with a bit of methanol or even unleaded?
Stewart
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Have a look here: http://www.implosionresearch.com scroll down the page and click on Plymouth Bio-fuels then click on view products. These should help with running your car. I have been using V100 without any heaters for about a year now and have not had any problems just make sure you fuel filter is in good condition, change it if in doubt.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

rpaco
My Cars:

Post by rpaco »

Ok thanks I have placed a bid.
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

Has anyone used V100 in a hdi? I might have had a bad batch of fuel as I tried 20 litres of the stuff mixed with diesel and the low pressure pump would not pump the fuel out of the tank!!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

There was an article about Bio diesel in "Car Mechanics" magazine recently, and they specifically said that PSA HDi engines do not run well on V100.
wiggybum
My Cars:

Post by wiggybum »

Goto
www.dieselveg.com
I've covered 3000 miles in my 406 1.9td (Bosch Pump) running on pure rape oil from Lidl.
What you need to do is shell out £400 on a proper kit that allows you to run on pure diesel until the engine is hot. Then it's fine to run on the oil (46p/l).
The switch over valve has an electric heater fitted and the system comes with a fuel heater heated from the engine coolant.
Save loads (but make sure you register with Customs & Excise).
Takes a weekend to fit.
Runs sweet as a nut.
Sounds quieter too.
Tom[;)]