Xantia deadlocking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IanR
My Cars:

Xantia deadlocking

Post by IanR »

Or rather, doesn't any more. A while back, it stopped responding to the second plip button. This is the infra-red plip variety.
Anyone know where the ECU that controls deadlocking is to be found? Is it the same one that provides the alarm, under the passenger seat?
It also occurs ot me that the plip batteries are a little low, but still serviceable. Might there be something built into the plip that prevents deadlocking when the batteries are getting near the end of their life?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

My deadlocking still worked when the battery`s were low.Do`es it still deadlock with the door locks?Lock the car with the key in the door,then turn the key again to dead lock it.
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

Nope, it doesn't.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

My deadlocking still worked when the battery`s were low.Do`es it still deadlock with the door locks?Lock the car with the key in the door,then turn the key again to dead lock it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

So if the d/locks dont work at all,i presume the alarm dosen`t either?Have you checked the fuses?
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

The alarm works off a separate fuse.
The factory-fit alarm on thsese cars is extremely prone to false alarms, and on this one the fuses have been pulled for a long time, and alternative security fitted. The alarm fuses don't affect the deadlocking.