Air bag light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Air bag light

Post by np »

My airbag light is on again[:(!]I had it fixed last year so am not pleased.Anyway,my MOT is coming up soon & it should pass 1st time.Am i right in thinking that the light being on wont make any difference?I know the abs light on will fail,but the a/bag light is not part of the test is it.
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

Yes, it appears the airbag light is part of the test, check out this link for the MOT check list
http://www.mottester.co.uk/html/the_mot_test.asp
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Thanks tonyb1,thats a good site.Looking at it,i may be alright.My Dad & i take our cars to the same Council testing station.Have had the same tester for the last 11 yrs.He may let me off it as he knows the car.I`ll give them a ring any way & ask him.
Its not due till Dec,but i always have it MOT`d a month befote it runs out.
Thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if it says anywhere in that link that a car will fail an uk MOT due to the airbag light being on or flashing then it is wrong.i can assure you that the airbag light being on will not fail the MOT. go to the official VOSA website if you are unsure if something will pass an MOT.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

The airbag light on my stepfather's Cavalier has been on for years, and has never failed an MOT for it. On Vauxhalls once the light has come on for any reason it has to be reset by a dealer or it just stays on, even after the original fault has been fixed. He wasn't prepared to pay for this, so he just stuck a piece of black tape over the warning light, as per Homer Simpson [:D]
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

deffo airbags are not part of the test as yet but it is coming in later on