New XM - help needed - plips etc

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DomF9
My Cars:

New XM - help needed - plips etc

Post by DomF9 »

Hi
Collected my XM today - a 92 nondescript bottom of the range 2-litre carb hatchback.
Previous owner has lost the remote plip. Now, there is no keypad, but there is central locking, so I can unlock with the key and just start it up.
Does anyone know where to buy replacement plips from, as I take it mine will only operate the central locking and an alarm, if there is one?
The plip is the only thing that will unlock the fuel filler flap but, as I don't have one the actions best described as "Grip here and pull --- HARD" managed to get mine open so I could refuel it to get it home.
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement fuel filler flap, as mine is no longer attached?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

The locking fuel cap cover should open at the same time as the rest of the doors. In the worst case, you can order a new plip from Citroën (or peugeot for that matter - for some vehicles thay are cheaper - its the same as the 605 series).
But do a scan on the Internet - I've seen a number of companies offering new plips and radio code busts (they often offer unlocking of mobil phones as well9.
//NiSk
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

Thanks NiSK
I pushed the locking pin in, and so far it won't budge in or out since, I can only presume it will lock with the remote, as it doesn't lock with the key. I had a rummage on the net last night looking for plips and couldn't find anything on it, not even on ebay. I get the impression the news citroens have different plips, but dunno if say Xantia ones would do.
Dom
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

From the users manual(p10):
"If the central locking system does not function, the fuel filler cover can be opened by pulling the locking pin backwards via an opening in teh side panel trim"
It then shows a photo of the end of the locking pin protruding through the side panel just below the boot lamp.
//NiSk