'94 Citroen ZX vs ´94 Peugeot 306 XR

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscarloco
My Cars:

'94 Citroen ZX vs ´94 Peugeot 306 XR

Post by oscarloco »

While inspecting my car from underneath, I found that the drivers side driveshaft dustboot had broken and let all the grease out. Now I have to replace it but I don't know if one from a '94 Peugeot 306 XR will fit my car. Why am I doing this? Simply because the local Citroen dealership closed and now the new one only has the spares for the newer models (C2, C3 and Picasso) so I'm stuck with the Peugeot dealership. I know some parts of the 305 and 306 fit the ZX.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Why not try an independant - recon drive shafts are very common. have a look at the online shop - you will probably be surprised at the prices - also a way of checking if the 306 bit is the same - look at the part nos.
its also possible to replace the drive shaft boot. the split stick together bits aren't recommended but others are ok if a bit fidDly to fit. - again a common job and the boots are about £9 including grease and clips. A word of warning - there are apparently 2 types for a ZX - one with a lip inside and one without. Apparently it is impossible to tell which is needed until the old one has been removed.
jEREMY
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Problem is that there are not too many ZX here in my country so independant Citroen parts dealers are not to be found. Seems that I will have to remove it and see.
Thanks for the advise Jeremy.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Have a look at the GSF on line shop and/or download a catalogue and if necessary compare part numbers.
Jeremy
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

I just did that and there are some parts that their numbers do match except for the first letter (I think Citroen has a T prefix and Peugeot an N or something like that), the rest is the same. Does this matter?
sooty
My Cars:

Post by sooty »

Jon should be able to answer that???
Jon

Post by Jon »

OK
The correct outer gaiter for the Zx 2.0 is Citroen 329396. (GSF N45022). This gaiter is also fitted to several 306 models. So, if you ask your Peugeot dealer for a 329396 you will get the right part.
oscarloco
My Cars:

Post by oscarloco »

Thank you so much. I did that and effectively, the box said Peugeot 306 and Citroen ZX.