Xantia STOP light flicker

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IanR
My Cars:

Xantia STOP light flicker

Post by IanR »

As I was driving on tne dual carriageway last night, the STOP (hydraulic failure) light flickered on very briefly, perhaps five times over a minute or so. The flicker was extremely brief, barely lighting the bulb. The road was smooth and straight so no vibration.
Tried the brakes, cycled the suspension, no apparent trouble, so drove on. Drove another twenty miles including some rougher roads and corners, no repeat.
Fluid was checked earlier in the week. (in any case, low fluid affects the power-steering first)
Any ideas? Kinda looks like a trivial electrical or sender fault, but just wondered if anyone had met this.
Need to go the Glasgow next week, and don't want a breakdown.
broomie
My Cars:

Post by broomie »

Check teh LHM again - car on high and tap teh sensor as sometime stheya re stuck.
Check all silly stuff first - oil level, Water level.
Then clean and check sensors for heat, low oil, low water etc etc..
If still aproblem come back and we'll ahve more tips - but then maybe be serious stuff
Also - What speed were you doing? What did Temp gauge read, did it go off when you slowed down?
IanR
My Cars:

Post by IanR »

There were no other warning-signs, and the speed was about 55mph.
Think I've found it anyway. Just before the D/C I had to drive through a very messy patch on a farm. I think the pump/alt belt picked-up some oil or grease. When I checked it under full load this morning it was still squealing/slipping slightly.
Would make sense as I seem to recall the light started flashing just after I turned on the HRW.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Sounds like a load of old Bu****** to me! (Haha)
//NiSk