Xantia V6 Suspension Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

peterbot
My Cars:

Xantia V6 Suspension Question

Post by peterbot »

Hello. This is my first post. I have recently aquired a Xantia V6(ebay bargain!). I decided to test the spheres by the usual method. I can push down on the back corners of the car and there is plenty of travel, but the front is very stiff and there is only perhaps 1/4 inch travel. I have read through other posts on this subject which suggest trying with engine running/stopped and "sports" mode engaged/disengaged. I get the same results no matter what. Anybody any ideas. Also does anyone know what would happen if I was to fit hydractive spheres from GSF( I know the V6 has diffrent spheres not sold by GSF). Would it be dangerous i.e affect the handling?
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Peter -
We have a "gang" here of V6 owners. Until they pass by and read your Q, you may try read this thread :
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... chTerms=v6
You may also try using the search feature (upper right) for previous submissions on V6 & sphere issues.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

I think the front is generally stiffer than the rear as it has the weight of the engine to contend with. This is certainly the case with my V6.
You can really fit any sphere you like and it won't affect the handling enough to be dangerous as long as you dont fit a centre sphere where a corner should be. If you look at the sphere table which can be down loaded in pdf format somewhere on here, you will be able to compare the various volumes/pressure/damping configurations. If you want a softer ride go for lower damping and higher volume. Higher pressure will give a softer ride also. It's just like tuning normal suspension really, a smaller damping hole will give a stiffer ride, and the pressure and volume will be the same as altering spring rate and travel.
I have fitted the GSF spheres as listed for a VSX on my V6 and it seems perfectly ok. The only one I didn't change are the front corner spheres which are apparenly only a year old, but there is no identification on them so I may change them too just to be sure they are the right ones and aren't older than they appear, as they do feel a little too harsh in sport mode.