Check rear de-mist tale of woe. Update.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Check rear de-mist tale of woe. Update.

Post by Stuart McB »

Last night for the first time since owning the Xsara I had to use the rear de-mist. I noticed it wasn't working so thought I'd check the fuses etc when at home. Now at 7.30PM (dark) I checked fuse all OK, checked relay all OK then thought I'd check the rear screen for power using my new multi meter (as bought by the wife for my birthday [:)]). Thats right no power over the screen but power at the contacts, thats when I noticed that the red power lead had come away from it's bond with the screen [:(]. Unable to fix by the garage light I decided to leave it to the next day (wendnesday) as I closed the boot down the screen just exploded in to a million little bits [:(][:(]. A little put out I called the insurance company and sorted out a replacement (£50)Not happy but at least it'll work on the new one. Just thought you guys should beaware that the bonded power plug CAN come away so if your rear de-mist ain't working check for this apparent fault.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Ouch! Thank goodness for the insurance company!
Repair can be done with silver loaded epoxy from RS components. Not cheap but less than a new screen.
RichardR
My Cars:

Post by RichardR »

Oops! [:0] That's in the same vein as one of those 5 minutes job where something breaks and you're there all night fixing it because you need the car next day! Nightmare! [V]
At least you got the demist sorted! [}:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have managed to get out of work and am currently at home waiting for the window fitter. He should be here between 1 and 4 o'clock. But hey at least I got out of work real early.
RichardR
My Cars:

Post by RichardR »

There's the silver lining then! [;)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Well 'Dwaine' turned up at 4.30PM after a phone call where he confessed he was "lost" and didn't know the area [:I]. Job done in under 30 mins and a quality job it was [:)]. Car cleaned out of all broken glass and new window put in with now working de-mister [:D]. Trim replaced looks like it grew there [:D]. Now I just need some more damp weather and I'll be giving the battey some stick [:D][:D]