Oil Filters

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Oil Filters

Post by Jon »

Found this link couurtesy of Honest John's site
http://www.autoair.co.uk/Filters.htm
Take a look who makes the OE Honda filter. I've been banging on for years about Purflux filters essential fit!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The review shows that its relatively compact for its filtration area and well made.
Do the Xantia TD Purflux filters have the same diagonal pleating in them?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Oil filter for my Xsara from GSF £2.50. why go any where else at that price for a top notch filter as fitted by the manufacture? Same goes for the air filter £5.90. Why go any where else?
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Preaching to the converted here, Jon. I've used nothing but Purflux on all my Cits and family Pugs for years and I won't use anything else. At the price GSF do them for, whats the point not? My local dealer though sells them at £7.95 for the HDI. Ouch![B)]
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

so the ones gsf sell at £3 for the hdi are the purflux ones? Cheap as chips!
Interesting article that.[:)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

I was behind a guy at the citroen dealer a couple of weeks ago pricing up the nut that holds the steering wheel on (£1.11 only available in packs of 5 YEAH RIGHT) He bought a gallon of oil and a filter for a Hdi, not sure what filter presume it was oil all for the princely sum of £37.50[:0][:0][:0].
Really could not believe my ears, even looked over the guys shoulder at the receipt Da^id H1ams (Birmingham) one to be avoided methinks!!!!
Oh by the way Nut was 12p from bolt/ ironworks shop, or should I say should have been guy said it wasn't worth the ink and gave me 2 !!!!!