I want to be able to adjust my camber - ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

Dave, after talking to Mr Fixit, the plan now is to construct some rosejoints in place of the current bolt-on balljoints. Yes, the extra distance the shafts has to reach is a concern to me, but I am assured there is enough room for them to move outwards and still lock. If not, extended propshafts will be the only option but I've seen a company that makes such.
Jeremy, the above will alleviate the initial plan of elongated holes. We are actually constructing 3-inch blocks of alloy of the same contours of the suspension struts' tops. Unfortunaly, the camber is the current problem due to the angle of the strut being obstructed by the limits of the standard lower balljoint.
Dom
DomF9
My Cars:

Post by DomF9 »

Dave, part ll
We're already running the ZX on double springs with the ride height already set as required. Handling and steering are okay, although the ride is a bit too stiff. The only problem, as mentioned, is that the camber is out so that the wheels are running on their outside edges. Other than that, no surprises, surprisingly. It copes with bumps and potholes brilliantly, with no bump steer.
Dom