AX radio lockup

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Panjandrum
My Cars:

AX radio lockup

Post by Panjandrum »

1012 radio as fitted to 1996 AX. We know the code. We have the book and know how to enter the code.
But the radio displays 2222 and we can't get it to display CODE like the book says.
Weeks ago the battery was out, and there were a few attempts to put the code in without the book.
It ought to have reset by now. Tried disconnecting for a while but that didn't help.
HELP!
PJ
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

hi i believe that you have to leave the radio switch on for about an hour until the readout flashes CODE then put in the code as normal.
hope this helps.
Paulxmski
My Cars:

Post by Paulxmski »

Hi,
I understand you may have to leave it on for upto 4hrs
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

OK.
Radio has been on while using the car for the past two weeks. That's more than four hours. No sign of the CODE coming up yet.
Does it have to be on continuously for whatever period of time?
Apparently he only had one chance at putting the code in. Is this sign of some more fatal flaw?
Mind you it never was a great system in the first place, but he's a bit reluctant to spend more on a replacement than the car's worth...
Jshodgson
My Cars:

Post by Jshodgson »

I've just had a similar problem with my Xantia it read 1243. I left mine on for a week and you have to make sure you do not touch any of the buttons. It came up with CODE today!! I typed in the code and now have a working radio!!! Failing that I was about to have it decoded (£25 at my local radio store, £10 ish on the net).
Good luck.