Volcane

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

Volcane

Post by Twiss »

Hi.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

sorry about the bit above, any how as i was going to say does any body know where i can pick up a set of volcane bumpers? i live on the isle of wight and all scrap yards here dont have any. citroen quoted me £262 + vat for the front bumper and £106 + vat for the rear bumper and their not painted or primed. i had a look at CITUNIG and they do the bottom parts of the bumpers but i dont know if they would go on my old Aura bumpers? any ideas?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have you tried the on line shop for GSF? I know they do Xsara bumpers.
zxb29
My Cars:

Post by zxb29 »

ebay is full of good bargains i think people have realised that its cheaper and more profitable !!! to sell the car in parts on ebay rather than hand it over to the breakers for a cheap measly fee.
and plus even on ebay you get brilliant deals on parts... i got my volcane seats for 50 quid and they were in mint condition, alloys were going for 30 and the local rip off breakers were asking for 80 quid !
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Got to agree about E-bay but also had some spares off this forums "For Sale" site [:D]. drive shafts, drivers seat and some bits form a guy over Coventry way all for 35 quid or 40 quid. [:D]
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

i checked the online shop last night and found the volcana front bumper but not the back. i looked on ebay and found a guy breaking up a volcana he at the time was only selling the tailgate , i'll email him to c if he'l sell the bumpers to me? thanks u two.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Update!!After sometime looks like i am not going to get some Volcane bumpers from ebay :(
so i'll try the sracpyards on the island one more time on thursday but if i have no luck then iam off to the mainland and go to some of the scrap yards there but i only know of one and thats SIlver Lakes scrapyard in southampton!! Is there any more within a reasanble driving distance from southampton? On another subject whats the best wheel fitment on a ZX e.g 185\60\15
or 195\50\15 ? I want to go upto 15" cos i think the standard aura 14" alloys look to small for the car.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

i have 195/50/15 on my 16v which is on its standard wheels but the 16v rear arches are cut away more, on a volcane you may have trouble with 195. Search on here as im sure people have asked before
Only other one i know vageuly close is at Crawley north of brighton but thats quite a drive. I would certainly ring the one you mention first to see if they have any. a few scrap yards will send stuff, more like Breaks. Was one called citren.co.uk or something. Try searching in google for citroen breaks or on yellow pages at www.yell.co.uk as you dont want a wasted trip
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I've got 195x55x15 tyres on my Volcane, its close to the rear arches but doesnt foul at all....any bigger and your gonna run into problems.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

If the volcane archs are cut away more what size wheels am i goignto get on my Aura ? Ive orded a volcane back bumper so thats not a prop, arh while i mention bumpers on the gsf online shop it sells the volcane front bumper is this the whole bumper or just the bottom trim ? back to the original subject i current have 185\60\14 and there loads of clearance would it hurt goingupto 185\55\15? or would it be better 195\50\15 ? is a centimeter really going to make a difference on traction?if not i'll only go upto 185\55\15!!
Any how todays date is 16\10\04 and iam off on hoilday tonight back on the 24\10\04 so i'll check to see what you lot think then.Thanks.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

I think 195 is as wide as you can go without arch modifications, as for 50 or 55 profile thats just down to personal preference, the 50 may give a marginal improvement in roadholding but will also make the car feel harder, which probably isnt a problem on standard suspension, mine has a GMax suspension kit and i found the 50 profiles made it very harsh over uneven surfaces, now on 55 profiles and although the suspension is still very firm theres not the harshness that the 50 profiles gave.
I also feel the 55 profile tyres fill out the arch a bit better than the 50's, my ZX is lowered 35mm at the front and about 25 at the back and the 50's did look a bit rubberband like.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Thanks for that VLL.