cleaning / dismantling height correctors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

Hi Anders
No, I meant the stack of (10?) steel discs with tiny holes, assembled with spacers, that you remove by unscrewing the brass plug with 2 flats, in the end of the body, accessible after removing one of the steel discs.
<b>Excerpt from text I did:</b>
<i>Looking straight at one end of the body, you will see the damper port, with a plug screwed into it to retain the damper discs. This plug needs a tool making to remove it – select a piece of steel rod (nail?) slightly smaller in diameter, and saw a slot in it that will go over the raised central part of the plug to unscrew it – it will not be too tight.
Carefully tap out the discs and spacers – all discs (10 if I recall correctly) are the same, but there is one larger spacer. Discs have minute central holes where dirt accumulates.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I am finding that the white plastic plug just spins round as if it is held in by a lip. Does not appear to be threaded at all.
Any ideas?
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bernie</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

Hi Anders
No, I meant the stack of (10?) steel discs with tiny holes, assembled with spacers, that you remove by unscrewing the brass plug with 2 flats, in the end of the body, accessible after removing one of the steel discs.
<b>Excerpt from text I did:</b>
<i>Looking straight at one end of the body, you will see the damper port, with a plug screwed into it to retain the damper discs. This plug needs a tool making to remove it – select a piece of steel rod (nail?) slightly smaller in diameter, and saw a slot in it that will go over the raised central part of the plug to unscrew it – it will not be too tight.
Carefully tap out the discs and spacers – all discs (10 if I recall correctly) are the same, but there is one larger spacer. Discs have minute central holes where dirt accumulates.</i>
I am finding that the white plastic plug just spins round as if it is held in by a lip. Does not appear to be threaded at all.
Any ideas?
Bernie
White plastic plug? Is this in the end of the damper stack? They must have changed the design, then. What shape is it? Any chance of a pic?
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Yes Mike I think a totally different design.
I'll try to get up some photos