Whos a naughty boy then...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Whos a naughty boy then...

Post by martyhopkirk »

Took the Xantia to work today - a rare event due to the iffy area i work in..
Thought, Wife only does 70 miles a week, Let me stretch its [Xants] legs with a nice motorway run down the M55....[:p]
Parked up at work and scraped / cracked back colour coded bumper on wall.
4rse![xx(]
Still, when i got home wife was waiting to go out on a course at college, didnt notice bumper..... you can bet I will when she gets back and moan about the college car park![}:)][}:)][}:)]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

oh dear, roasted nuts for breakfast then?
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Try rehersing this,
"Can you adam and eve it, my dearest wife, looking at it, someone has only gone and bumped into your car whilst you were parked up at college. Bl00dy students eh!"
If she finds out its you she'll fill you in for sure...
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

lol you sounds good to me! - you haven't had practice have you?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Had a little practice and already booked one of those scratch and dent blokes to attend on Friday morning - will weld cracked plastic and also repaint bumper - £90.....
With luck the wife will offer to pay!
You can be sure if i had taken the ZX i either wouldnt have hit the wall, or wouldnt care if i had!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Those dent master blokes are brilliant and life savers as well. Remember when the now old shape asra was new (2000) well the wife had a brand new limited edditon SE1, Eruopa blue soft top with all and I mean all the bits. Well she got it home and I had a good look. Less that an hour later I'd managed to drop a full 3 teir tool box on the front bumper. Aaaargh a 6 inch scratch down to the metal. £60 later that day not even the slightest mark, nothing, nada. The dent master boys had saved me from a fate worse that death. So I know how your feeling. LOL
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

oooh thats bad! I have a 'little' dent in the rear quater of my 3dr ZX, It's one of those could probably do it myself jobs, but would rather th pros looked at it.
I've yet to puck up the courage to go and have a quote done - I wouldn't mind but it wasn't me!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Result, wife gone out and come back without spotting damage - will point it out to her tomorrow morning and say, blinking flip Jo what have you done (etc etc etc).
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

smooth, im likeing that.
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Only one question...
What's your wifes email address [}:)] [}:)] [}:)] [:D] Image Image Image Image
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Oh yessss![:D]
It worked, went out to empty bin, came back inside exclaiming what the blinking flip have you done etc etc[:0]
Wife claims her innocence and then decides must have been done in car park at college[;)] (as it was in secure car park at clinic all day yesterday - though has rough brick walls!!! he he he he)
So now to get it fixed and see if wife will pay? Am i tight, yep - but as i have just laid out £200 on a set of brand new Xantia Executive alloys, i had to think of something!
Double Chev... you must think i was born yetserday![8D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I've been married for only 5 years now and I must say,
I'm not worthy , I bow down to your prowess with woman!!! [8D][8D]
You are the man who has yet to be beaten by woman, got to go the wifes coming.[:)][:D][8D]
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

Marty,
Come clean, your sins will find you out!! Get it repaired and confess - don't you feel sorry for the poor lass??!!
She will think you the most wonderfully honest, upright person with a generous heart and be devoted for ever. She may even wash your underwear in future - and your LHM stained overalls.
The Very Reverend PhilW, PhD RE, MA RS,
The Vatican
Rome
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

You can't admit it now, you've got to see it through to the end.
Remember women always wait until you are asleep, then they STRIKE!
By the way just before you croak can you tell her that I'll have your Exclusive alloys.
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

How come those alloys are only £200 a set?? That seems a bit of a bargain, £50 for a new wheel.