xsara stereo

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

xsara stereo

Post by drpau »

Hello guys, Im new to these boards. Ive just got a Xsara HDi (90), Im really impressed so far, I was suprised with the build quality, its really solid. My previous car was a rover 220 sdi, which seemed to have a bit more grunt upon takeoff but the Xsara seems to have more shove in gear, Im planning on a reprogram, is this engine strong enough to go up to the tuners claims of 116bhp and 260nm? From other peoples experience what has the result been on fuel economy, tuners always say it will increase but Im always dubious of that!
Sorry for the waffle, now for my actual thread related question, my Xsara was supplied without the radio code (it had everything else!) so now just flashes at me! No big deal as I was planning on fitting my old cd, BUT I cant seem to find anywhere that sells the Xsara stereo plates [:(] , can anyone advise as to where I can get one from? Would Citroen garage normally give me the code for free if I go in as a temp measure until I find somewhere that sells the face plates.
Thanks for your help,
Paul[:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Question 2, Citroen should give you the code if you take along proof of ownership. As for the facia, welcome to the holy grail of Xsara ownership. Try a Yahoo or simalar search for Autoleads then E-mail them what you need. They srted one for my 98 Xsara VTR but it was through another company.
www.autoleads.co.uk
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

thanks for the response, I have emailed autoleads and am just waiting for them to get back to me with a price, on their new catalogue there is a code number for the plate if anyone else wants it, its fp-12-04.
Cheers for the help.
p.s, will they give me the code for nothing do you think?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Citroen should give you the code for free. Just go to your dealer with say you V5 document tell him the problem and he should be able to get it up on the computer in the parts dept. as for the facia be careful when ordering as the Xsara Piccaso has the same haed unit as the Mk 2 Xsara but a different surround. A mate of mine orderd the wrong part this way. let us know how you get on.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I've got a Sony CD player and autolead adapter to make the steering wheel buttons on a Mark 1 Xsara work. For sale if anyones interested.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

A Citroen main dealer is the best place to get a radio facia plate from & you will be shocked at how much cheaper they are then Halfrauds [:D]
silverback

Post by silverback »

The Citroen main dealer in Wolverhampton wants £10 + vat to tell me the radio code on my Xantia.
Robbing B*st*rds[:(!]
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi, have a look at this Clarion Radio site
www.clarionworld.co.uk/install/citroen.asp
A fascia plate will cost you £9.99 inc postage
Paul
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

For the missing code try a search here on "radio codes" - for links to useful websites.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Cheers for the replies fellas. Went to Citroendealer in Sale (manchester), they said they couldnt get the face plates!!![:(!] He said he could get my code via emailing citroen for £15! Expensive those emails arent they! Is it a load of rubbish what hes saying or what?
Ill check those other sites, ta very muc.
P.s there doesnt seem to be an obvious way to remove the stereo-nothing in the handbook about it either, has anyone got any tips-cant see anywhere to slide any metal clips down as you would with a normal din stereo..
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

oh, I almost forgot, that face plate i quoted above is for 2001 onwards, I got a reply back off autoleads and they dont do them! how annoying![:(]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You have to prise the facia surround off (carfully) then unscrew the 2 cross heads. It should come out. As for being charged ??????? My local dealer just said come down with your V5 and we'll get it no charge, In fact had to get the wifes on the week end as her head unit dropped the code again local Renault dealer no charge and put it in for no charge.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Cheers stuart, just done that now- just didnt want to snap anything off!
I might nip into another dealers and see what they say, I have posted a message on one of these radio decoding forums, dont know if it will come up trumps though!