ZX TD Estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NiSk
My Cars:

ZX TD Estate

Post by NiSk »

The never-ending quest for a replacement for the mashed XM TD12 goes on - now I've come across a ZX TD (metallic green) break from '98 with a/c, abs, ally wheels and only one previous owner. Although my father had a couple of ZX TD's (92, 94) and my daughter cuurently has a 1.8 advantage (94) I'm at a loss as far such a new ZX is concerned.
Is it the standard 1.9 XUD engine or something hotter? Whats the power output from such a beast? Is it mechanical injection or electronically controlled?
Would be greatful for any answers!
//NiSk
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

As a '98 model, it must be one of the last because by then, at least in UK the ZX had been replaced by the Xsara. It'll have the same engine as the Xantia had in 1998, but I don't think it ever had a cat or EGR fitted. Consequently it gave a govt. mpg figure of 46 as against the Xantia's 40. lbs.ft/RPM figure is 148/2250.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Get it bought NiSk, same engine as all the other pug/cit 1.9td's but without the electronic interferance, good power to weight ratio makes them very lively, I've got an estate myself.
Problems that afflict the estate are the electric headlight angle adjusters (if fitted) and the rear brake compensator that usualy rusts solid if not clouted with grease.
What brought about the demise of your XM.
Dave
It should have both cat and egr but they arent a problem, especialy when you rid'em[:)]
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

It lost an argument with a Volvo FH12
//NiSk
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

If you don't know what a Volvo FH12 looks like, they look like this (at least the one I lost the argument with was very similar - the total weight is about 40 tonnes)
http://www.vooruitgang-trucks.nl/displa ... denr=21175
//NiSk
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Well Dave - It turned out to be another XM that came looking for me in the end - a silver '98 2.5TD Break with black leather interior & seats! double airbags, tinted windows, working ECC, recently fitted new head (hose blow on motorway - why wasn't I surprised?), tempostat, towbar, audio system with 6-disc CD changer (steering wheel controlled), electric seat heaters, WORKING H2 (!) and half a tank of diesel. All for the ridiculous price of £2000. (over hear in Sweden, ridiculous, that is - I've no idea what one would get for in the UK - they might be giving them away).
Well tomorrow I'm going to do Jon on it - pull it apart and find out what I missed! (already noticed that one indicator/foglight unit is damaged)
//NiSk