HDi limping home.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David W
My Cars:

HDi limping home.

Post by David W »

I'm trying to help a contact with a Xantia HDi Estate. He loves the car but the thing is driving him to despair by constantly going into limp-home mode. It happened 18 times on his recent hols!
Turning off and restarting always "resets" it and then it might last ten mins .....or ten days!!
Dealers have looked loads of times and changed (I think) the turbo pressure valve three times. I guess this is the thing indicated by their fault codes.
I've searched on past threads and found some info earlier in the year on similar issues. Also founds loads on other forums with owners also being driven mad by this limp-home issue.
If someone got really good at sorting these cars they would be very popular [:)]
Just wondered if anyone had heard of any solutions since the stuff posted here before the summer.
David
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

check the intercooler for leaks & check that all the vaccum pipes going between the electrovalves & the vaccum pump.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Thanks Wheeler. It seems it's worth checking all the cheap basics then before believing the dealers that you need this or that component on the say-so of their fault codes.
I've done even more research online since my first post and there are loads of folks suffering with this on various models with the HDi engine.
David
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

when checking those vaccum pipes i meant to say make sure that the pipes are clear & not choked up.