Remember.... Help and tools............

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jon

Remember.... Help and tools............

Post by Jon »

Longer standing members will remember that topic, which started with a rush of enthusiasm then sort of petered out, very likely my fault as I put myself in charge of it! [:I]
For those not involved at the time, the idea was to compile a list of Forum members who would be prepared to help others with advise, mechanical skills and the loan of tools.
The idea was that I would produce a downloadable PDF document, with information as below giving name, location, phone number, and what was on offer. If anyone was ever involved with the various 2cv clubs, theres a Europe wide booklet called "Apua Help" which does a very similar thing for 2cv people, and has been a great success for over 20 years.
Now, instead of just posting what you can offer on the forum, if you want to include yourself as someone that can help a fellow forum member, you need to contact me, the address being webmaster@jonkw.co.uk for this particular project. I will then send you a form (probably in MS Word if thats OK) to complete, I will then compile all the completed forms into a PDF book which can later be downloaded. Obviously, I need to put some kind of safeguards into place here as we don't all want our name, adddress and phone number all over the Net, so the best plan is that the PDF will be passworded and I will vet applications.
The details would go something like (I've put in some stuff that I can help with as an example.......)
<b>Name: Jon W
Phone/Mobile
Location</b>Swindon
<b>Tools:</b>
<i>Mig Welder, Grinder, Jack, Axle Stands, Sphere removal tool, Ligarex pliers, vast selection of handtools, Garage, oil filter tools, sump plug tool</i>
<b>Knowledge</b>
<i>AX, BX, 2cv,ZX,Visa,Xantia,Berlingo</i>
<b>Other Information</b><i>Access to parts. Good garage, tea, wine, sympathy</i>
If anyone still wants to do this, drop me a line at the email address above, and this time I will honestly try and get it all together.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Tom Sheppard
London/ Hampshire
Usual tools plus Laser tracker, big sockets for struts and rear arms and a good understanding of BX electrics.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Marty - Preston Lancs.
Reasonable set of tools, (ramps, trolley jack, small trailer etc, oh and a garage but no electric so you need a genny) - but bugger all ability to use them! Mind you a usefull pair of extra arms etc if you want! Always willing for a cup of coffee!
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Pending Jon sending me a form:
Mike - Liversedge, West Yorks (M62 J25/26)
Garage which may be occupied
<b>Tools</b>: Trolley jack, stands, ramps, good assortment of tools, meters, oscilloscope, 2 lathes, sphere remover, good scrapbox.
<b>Knowledge</b>: Good knowledge of A-Series, G, BX, ZX, DS, 652 Visa, esp hydraulics & electrics.
<b>Languages: </b> English, French, Ebayese [;)]
<b>Other</b>: Coffee, wine, food, sympathy, choice of >10 ring-a-takeaways. Oh yeah, may find some tea.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Pending the official form
Stewart Wrexham North Wales
Garage full of BX bits!
Tools trolley jacks, Engine crane, sphere tool, lots of spanners
Knowledge, improving all the time, have done most jobs on BX/Xantia/ZX
other Tea&Sympathy
Stewart