Should I blame the car's design or the radio?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Should I blame the car's design or the radio?

Post by rossnunn »

Fan stopped the other day, mmm I thought, checked the fuses, all ok. Might be the switch - it feels a bit stiff. (I've been putting this off due to the headunit being a arse to get back in)
So today I pull it all apart to find the switch is fine, its actually the resistor pack so swapped it out now ok!
Anyways, I'm running a Kenwood 7090R headunit which unline the factory unit has the ISO pulg on the end of a 'fly' cable. Thus putting the headunit back is a arse, on the Kenny unit the ISO cable, 4x Phono Jacks & the CD changer cable all exit on the Left of the unit rather than the Right. So I rerouted the ISO plugs to the other side of the hole and after about an hour managed to get it all fitted back but now the radio doesn't pick up any stations, it was like this before so this time I checked it on my knee before putting it back and it was all ok! I rekon it just where the car's parked!
Citoren could have made it so much easier if they only gave the headunit more room around it, or put it dowm at the bottom of the dash - or even where the heater controls are would be better!
Ah well scratched hands / arms all round them
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

There's not a lot of room around the radio in a ZX - its always a struggle to get it back in, especially with all the extra wiring required. The aerial connection in particular is prone to being removed when fitting a replacement radio - I had to bend the tabs on the Volcane's aerial lead inwards to have a chance of making it stay on. On the Pazazz I didn't bother, and stuck with CDs for 6 years!