No diesel hand primer?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

No diesel hand primer?

Post by Stuart McB »

I've had a couple of diesels my self over the years and have never been bothered by the serving of them [:)]. In this months Car Mechanics mag they have a piece on cam belt change for a 1993 Pug 309 diesel. No problems with the change but I noticed that there seems to be no hand primer bulb. Now if memeory serves me well (had one as a company car 'E' reg 1980's) it's the same engine as the ZX and a whole host of other PSA motors, so is this the case no primer bulb [?]I'm sorry for not putting on the Pug site but I was curious (nosey).
Jon

Post by Jon »

The primer is built into the top of the diesel filter housing, its like a black button, the diesel filter will be mounted on the inner wing if the car was made pre 1992 when they swapped over to the primer bulb and filter on top of the thermostat housing.
On the pre 92 cars the diesel filter system would be either CAV or Purflux, both however had the black plastic button ontop of the filter housing as the bleed.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Cheers jon. My curiosity (or is it spidey scenses) was getting the better of me. That sounds like the set up I had on a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 TD Once. Good car but no character.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

[?]spidey scenses[?]
Nope, you've got me beaten there, Stuart [;)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry just been bought Spider man by the wife on a Nintendo SP hand held gamer. Should read 'Spidey senses'
Keeps me quite for ages when there's nothing on TV.