BX register

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

that would be good, although youwould need a big field for all the cars to fit in!!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Jon and David, thank you both. One of the chief benefits of this site is that it is free to anybody to seek advice. To that end, we act as a first line of support to many, some of whom find the CCC's fees prohibitive. I don't doubt that some go on to join the CCC.
A joint meeting might bring membership to both organisations.
I've just visited the link. I'm glad to find that I can join online.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Interesting comments Jon and Tom.
Do bear in mind my thoughts are just that ...my own and not those of the CCC manangement. Not that I'm ever going to be making trouble in an open forum anyway!
Jon the decision was taken to restrict the members forums and photo gallery to strictly members only, you can't view them or even see the links in the left hand menu unless you are a full CCC member. Make up your own mind as to this being good or not but there were carefuly considered reasons behind it.
You are right Tom this forum is a fantastic free resource available to all and to that end I fully support it when I can. I know Jon had to fight hard for it a while ago but it must be said it is lucky the site has the costs funded by a commercial concern.
Do bear in mind the CCC is funded purely by its members and all its considerable costs have to be met from somewhere. I would say it has a turnover of close to £100,000 a year and perhaps 20 comitted official, writers and section co-ordinators. It is a very different animal to the fast and loose Internet based help forum such as this.
I do really hope that folks wouldn't find the £30 annual subscription prohibitive, it's less than a pair of spheres! Fair enough though if folks choose not to pay.... and keep to the more informal channels.
I can't argue against that because my other vehicle interest is Land Rovers. Similar to many here I get a huge amount of help from the free online forums without belonging to a specific club, if I wanted to get into meets and so on I think I would join a LR club though.
Still the most important thing is that the help is available to "beat the system", and you have the choice between traditional clubs and the Internet.
David
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well, I have joined. I'll see in a year's time whether it is worth renewing the membership
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Good news Tom.
Look forward to you sending some stuff to me for the BXantia column when you have time and we'll see it in print!
David
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thinks....Have I been suckered or what?
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Ah well you could always cut and paste if from some of your stuff here....just trying to make it easy for you!
David
bulldog7274
My Cars:

Post by bulldog7274 »

count me in as i have a bx 1.9 diesel [8D] as well just done over 110,000 miles bought her from a bloke and paid 200 sheets for her, for that money im not complaining good comfy motor, the only prob im having is with her cutting out, posted something on this site about it though. so there you go. i would be interested in a club as long as it aint to far away as i have two young kids [:)] and am a single dad
Andy Simpson
My Cars:

Post by Andy Simpson »

Count me in as well, 1990 BX 16 Valve Phase 2. Pearl Grey. 84k.
Cheers
Andy.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Jon, the CCC claim about 2500 members. Do we outnumber them?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Um, er, No!
From reading this thread, there are about 30 BX's on this Forum! There was nearly 31 but some other BX enthusiast outbid me on the MOT failed red example on Ebay last night! As did some other BX fan who bid up the brand new BX TD rad!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Sorry Jon. I meant Citroen Sufferers.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well, fans need their radiators Jon!