activa - electrovalve or ECU

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stephen burch
My Cars:

activa - electrovalve or ECU

Post by stephen burch »

My Activa has snapped the O/S rear anti-roll bar mounting bolts twice. I am now wondering whether the rigidity regulator electrovalve is at fault or is it the suspension ECU. I am aware that there are 3 electrovalves fitted but I can exclude the front one as that end works fine.I don't know how the ECU works but doesn't it work the whole system instead of splitting it into separate front and rear sub-systems. If this is so then I could discount the ECU as faulty as it would play up at the front.
All 5 spheres have been replaced recently on the rear and they are the right ones for the job. Since buying the car the back end has always felt slightly hard as if the spheres are at fault which is annoying over stutter bumps. Does anyone have any ideas or info on the system as far as fault finding is concerned as I do not relish the thought of taking it for a diagnostics test only to be told that there are no fault codes registering which is what I think the outcome will be. Thanks.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Download the Citroen guide (0.6Mb pdf file) from the site below. You'll find a good basic chapter on the activa suspension. Might just cover some of your questions.
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/guide.html