Drop links

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Drop links

Post by np »

Having PC probs at the moment[:(!]so can only spend about 5 mins a time on it[:(!][:(!][:(!]so its better to ask as aposed to doing a search.Any hints or tips please as i`m changing the drop links Sat.
Thanks[:)]
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You will need an angle grinder or a nut splitter, don't bother trying to undo the nuts, you will be wasting your time, just go straight in with the heavy mob. Other than that a fairly easy job.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

It depends how long they've been on there. I changed the droplinks on my Xantia when I first bought it in 2000, then again a couple of weeks ago and all the nuts came off fine both times. Having said that, if they're still the originals at 138k you may well find the nuts won't budge.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Make sure you get both front wheels off the ground at the same time, otherwise the twist on the roll bar will make getting the new ones back on 'interesting'....
Give the nuts a go, but don't hesitate to wade in the with angle grinder if they won't play ball easily.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Just done them this morning.As usual,hardest part was getting the car onto axel stands.Apart from that,all went well.Nice & easy.One came off fine,had to cut the other one off though.Vibration & rattle gone now.A Job well done.Thanks all.
PC to fix now[:(!][}:)][:(]