ABS Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACEFR3HL3Y
My Cars:

ABS Light

Post by ACEFR3HL3Y »

Hi,ABS light on my Xantia stays on all the time now,I was considering whether it was a sensor until I thought of something else that might cause it,what do you think? one of the wheel nuts on the front fell off some time ago and when I replaced it,it doesn't screw in fully,it has somehow damaged the thread,and doesn't tighten up fully,as if it is off the thread,would I need to somehow put a new thread on the disc/hub,and does anyone reckon this could be a possibility of the ABS light staying on,I seem to remember it started not long after front wheel was changed,failed MOT due to light staying on,any help is appreciated,thnx
pwatson
My Cars:

Post by pwatson »

"does anyone reckon this could be a possibility of the ABS light staying on"
No - faulty sensor far more likely. Why don't you check sensors first - plenty of advice on how to do it on here recently, or take it to a reliable independent.
derekjl57
My Cars:

Post by derekjl57 »

I had the same problem after the clutch was changed, turned out it was the connector to the ABS sensor behind the drive shafts - took about 3 goes to get it seated properly. You can identify which sensor is the problem with a meter on the connector block in the engine bay, then have fun tracing the wires back to the wheels.... You'll find info on which pins and which connector block to check elsewhere on this site.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Almost certainly this is due to a sensor becoming unplugged or open circuit. Once you have identified the duff one, cut the lead back to 10cms from the sensor and test it again. It is often the case that replacing the lead will cure it.