Project TZI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Project TZI

Post by tomsheppard »

Ok, Time to work out a plan
I'll be needing some exhaust. That's easy enough. Car is a '91 TZI Estate.
Does the intermediate pipe listed on GSF fit where the cat currently fits ? (I think that the cat is due to fall off.)
I'm going to replace most of the HT circuit but I have oil coming out of the distributor. Cam oil seal or something more sinister?
The clock and radio need power as does the central locking so I'll need to disconnect the supply if it is to be left for a couple of months. Anybody know of a gadget which is simply a screw in button to isolate the battery?
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

There used to be one called the "Dis-Car-Nect" Which had a knob on it for connecting/disconnecting the battery - bit of a favourite of the mainsrteam classic crowd. It comes with a "bypass" fuse as it's intended as an anti-theft measure (lets clocks, etc run, but fuse blows if you try and start it - ditch the fuse and its an immobiliser).
Found one via Google:
http://www.quillertriumph.co.uk/Quiller ... arnect.htm
This sort of thing, Tom?
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

As for exhausts - my old BX GTi (Motronic MP3.1; no air flow meter, CAT or dizzy) just had a single pipe from the manifold (with one box) all the way back to the connection to the middle transverse box. Was from GSF, about 1m long and about £65 IIRC. No Lambda mounting, though. Possible to change to this one?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, exactly that! Thanks, Phil.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Tom
Your oil leak - are you absolutely sure that it is not coming out around the distributor neck? Reason I ask is the 16TRS I used to have developed one hell of an oil leak that found its way down the back of the block and on to the RH drive shaft. Culprit was only the O-ring on the distributor neck!
BTW, did you get my PM, or is this bit of the forum still kaput?
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

still kaput, I guess. Try tomattomshepdotcodotuk. I have oil inside the dizzy so that's the problem.