Xantia - rear height adjuster bracket problem.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alucard

Xantia - rear height adjuster bracket problem.

Post by Alucard »

Hi All.
Car: Xantia 1.9td 'L' reg
Problem: Height corrector bracket on the anti-roll bar broken.
Solution:Replaced the bracket
Question: How do you set the correct ride height?
After replacing the bracket and connecting the 'plastic' link, the ride height is too high at the rear. I've tried adjusting it by raising the vehicle and supporting it with axle stands, moving the bracket slightly, lowering the car and testing it out, then repeating this procedure.[:o)]
There must be an easier way.[;)]
Does anyone know the correct (simple!) procedure for setting the bracket to the anti-roll bar?.
Cheers,
Alucard
pps.
I have some images of the area, which may be of interest to other members as this seems to be a common problem. If someone lets me know how to upload them to the forum, I will.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Hi, you are on the right track really. Moving the clamp bracket on the main 'tube' that goes across the car is the means of adjustment. All I can say is that a very little goes a long way! I cannot recall now which way to move the bracket for up or down. Suggest you put the car on ramps, very securely and move the bracket with the engine running to gain the correct height. It is detailed here on the forum somewhere so just do a search, top right corner to read the links.
A word of caution though. To rise or lower the car must be able to rotate the rear wheels so if the handbrake is on or the front wheels chocked the rear wheels must be free to move. Please take great care when working underneath on a live suspension. Robin
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Thanks for your time and the info, Robin.
I checked the link you gave and it is all becoming clearer.[:)]
It's my first dealings with this system and to say I'm confused, is an understatement.
I'll be undertaking the task within the next 2 days and will post my findings on the forum, as I'm sure others will come across the problem!
Thanks again m8,
Gordon (Alucard)
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

Done and dusted.
It was quite simple - when you know how!
You have to be patient, and tap the clamp slightly.
Car now rises to the right height.
Cheers,
Al
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hehe well done, though it must be a ball ache not being able to work on your car until after sunset[:)]
Dave
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alucard</i>
I'll be undertaking the task within the next 2 days
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I should have said "The next 2 nights!"[:D]
Well spotted Dave.[:)]