Xantia Clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattholmes78
My Cars:

Xantia Clutch

Post by mattholmes78 »

Having read all the posts on the Xantia clutch I am still a little confused as to how the Xantia clutch should be set up. I have a 96 TD. There seems to be little travel from pressing on the clutch to it reaching the floor. My older 94 Xantia had much more travel and generally felt a lot better. IS this an indication of the clutch going or can I adjust it such that the travel is greater?
Thanks for your help.
zorgman
My Cars:

Post by zorgman »

by memory the correct way to set it up is to depress pedel and measure from bottom of s/wheel to clutch pedal then do ameasurment with it fully up and works out the differnce !! anyhow i just set mine up so its above the brake pedal hieght and not had a bit of bother with it as doing it the correct way u just toch the pedal and it starts to disengage the clutch. its all in the haynes manual
johntaylor
My Cars:

Post by johntaylor »

My 1995 TD had a new cluth fitted a short time ago. The adjustment is a screw thread at the end of the cable. You need to have easy access by lifting up and possibly removing the air filter housing. I hope this helps!